Applications will only be accepted from students whose permanent address is part of the correct Spanish Consulate or Embassy jurisdiction. The visa is processed in your country of residence prior to your departure. You cannot get the visa in Spain and you cannot have it sent to you. The visa is affixed in your passport before you depart your country and must be presented at the police border officials upon your entry into Spain.
Due to overwhelming demand for student visas, it is important that you allow enough time for the Spanish Consulate or Embassy to process your visa.
Once you are in possession of the certificate or letter of acceptance from the centre, you can contact the consulate and process your visa.List of consulates and embassies
- Valid passport.
- A list of the content of the study, training or research course that you are going to pursue in Spain
- Medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Spain to cover your medical expenses, and repatriation in the case of accident or sudden illness.
- A medical certificate stating that you do not suffer from any diseases susceptible to quarantine, as specified in the international health regulations.
- Evidence that you have means of subsistence and accommodation for the period for which you are requesting the visa, and where applicable, the funds to guarantee your return to your country.
- Criminal record certificate issued by the authorities in your country of origin or your place of residence in the last five years.